Learn Bharata Natyam - Natya Vardhini. Adavus, Alarippu and Jatiswaram.
Bharatnatyam is the oldest and purest from of Indian classical dance in a combination of music expression and rhythm.
The two aspects of Indian dance, the Tandava (vigorous) and the Lasysa (feminine) blend beautifully in Bharatanatyam. It encompasses all the elements of dance, drama and spiritually elevates the audience. Bharatanatyam includes elements of Bhava, Ragam and Talam in it.
1. Dance Prayers
2. Preparatory Exercises
3. Basic Thattadavus - Stamping of feet
4. Nattadavus - Introduction of stretches
5. Mandi Adavus - Sitting adavus
6. Paraval Adavus - Space covering adavus
7. Hastha Mudras - Hand Gestures
8. Alarippu and Jatisvaram (the first items in a margam).
A student of K.J.Sarasa, Srekala Bharath is an exponent of Vazhuvoor style .Srekala started dancing at 7.She is an creative chorographer and an inspirational teacher of international repute. She has created thematic presentations from traditional classics to modern concepts, winning critical acclaim and awards such as Kalaimamani (Tamil nadu state), and the Bharata Rathnam (from the Government of Sri Lanka).